Summary information and primary citation
- 6d1t; SNAP-derived features in text and JSON formats;
- DNA binding protein-DNA
- X-ray (2.25 Å)
- Complex of mbd1-mbd and methylated DNA
- Liu K, Xu C, Tempel W, Arrowsmith CH, Bountra C, Edwards AM, Min J, Structural Genomics Consortium: "Complex of MBD1-MBD and methylated DNA."
- The contacts include paired nucleotides (mostly a G in Watson-Crick G-C pairing), and
amino-acids within a 4.5-A distance cutoff to base atoms of 5mC.
- The structure is oriented in the base reference frame of 5mC, allowing for easy comparison
and direct superimposition between entries.
- The black sphere (•) denotes the 5-methyl carbon atom in 5mC.
|No. 1 B.5CM6:
stacking-with-A.ARG22 is-WC-paired is-in-duplex [+]:AcG/cGT
|No. 2 C.5CM6:
stacking-with-A.ARG44 is-WC-paired is-in-duplex [-]:cGT/AcG